Quick Description on Jacqueline Fernandez
|Full Name||Jacqueline Fernandez|
|Birthday||11 August 1985|
|Birth Place||Manama, Bahrain|
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
|Home Town||Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|Father Name||Elroy Fernandez|
|Mother Name||Kim Fernandez|
|Siblings||Brother : Warren Fernandez|
|Net worth||$9 Million (approx.)|
Jacqueline Fernandez is known as a Sri Lankan actress and beautiful former model. The winner of the Miss Universe Sri Lanka pageant of 2006 is Jacqueline Fernandez. She debuted in Bollywood with the movie Aladin in 2009 and since then has established a career in the industry. Jacqueline is famous as the Jacq of hearts in India.
Early Life of Jacqueline Fernandez
Jacqueline Fernandez was born into a multiracial family of Canadian, Sri Lankan, and Malaysian descent on 11 August 1985 ,and was raised in Bahrain. Her father is a Sri Lankan Burgher named Elroy Fernandez, and her mother is of Malaysian descent named Kim. Her maternal grandfather is Canadian. Her father was a musician in Sri Lanka. He moved to Bahrain in the 1980s to escape civil unrest between the Tamils and Sinhalese in that time he met her mother who was an air hostess. Kim is the youngest child among four children with one elder sister and two elder brothers. From the age of fourteen she started to host television shows in Bahrain.
Education of Jacqueline Fernandez
Jacqueline Fernandez received her early education in Bahrain, and then she pursued a degree in mass communication from the University of Sydney in Australia. She worked as a television reporter in Sri Lanka after graduating. She also learned Spanish and improved her French and Arabic attending the Berlitz School of languages. Fernandez always had wished to become an actress at a young age and her fantasy is to become a Hollywood movie star. She attended some training at the John School of Acting. She accepted offers in the modeling industry, although she was a television reporter which became beneficial as a result of her pageant success. She was crowned the winner of the Miss Universe Sri Lanka pageant in 2006 and represented Sri Lanka at the world Miss Universe 2006 pageant held in Los Angeles. Fernandez use to described the modeling industry as “a good training ground” in a 2015 interview, and said “It is a medium that is about shedding your inhibitions, knowing your body, confidence”. She appeared in a music video for the song “O Sathi” by music duo Bathiya and Santhush in 2006.
Career of Jacqueline Fernandez
For a modeling assignment in 2009, Fernandez traveled to India. Under the mentorship of theatre director Barry John she studied acting, and in 2009 She successfully auditioned for Sujoy Ghosh’s fantasy film Aladin as her acting debut.
Fernandez appeared as opposite Deshmukh in the science fiction romantic comedy Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai in 2010.
The first and successful movies was Murder 2 which was Mahesh Bhatt’s thriller movie and it was marked a turning point in her career.
The first release of Fernandez in 2013 was Race 2 which was an ensemble action thriller movie.
In 2014, Fernandez appeared in Sajid Nadiadwala’s directorial debut—the action film Kick, a remake of a 2009 Telugu film of same name. She starred opposite Salman Khan, playing Shaina, a psychiatrist . She shared her real voice for the first time in Kick.
Fernandez acted in Vicky Singh’s Roy which is a romantic thriller in 2015, which critic Sarita A Tanwar described as a “boring, exhausting and pretentious” film.
Action drama movie Brothers of Karan Malhotra’s was Fernandez’s next release.
Fernandez began with a role in the sequel to Housefull 2 in 2016.
Jacqueline appeared in Chandran Rutnam’s English-Sri Lankan crime-thriller According to Mathew in 2017.
List Of Movies done by Jacqueline Fernandez
|2010||Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai||Tara|
|2010||Housefull||Dhanno||Special Appearance in song “Aapka Kya Hoga (Dhanno)”|
|2012||Housefull 2||Bobby Kapoor|
|2013||Ramaiya Vastavaiya||Herself||Special Appearance in song “Jadoo Ki Jhappi”|
|2015||Definition of Fear||Sarah Fording||British Film|
|2016||Housefull 3||Ganga “Gracy” Patel|
|2016||A Flying Jatt||Kriti|
|2017||According to Mathew||Daphne Reynolds||Sri Lankan Film|
|2018||Baaghi 2||Herself||Special Appearance in song “Ek Do Teen”|
|2018||Race 3||Jessica Gomes|
|2019||Saaho||Item Song||Special Appearance in song “Bad Boy”|
List of Television done by Jacqueline Fernandez
|2016–2017||Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9||Judge||Colors|
Awards and Nominations of Jacqueline Fernandez
|2010||IIFA Awards||Debut of the Year – Female||Aladin||Won|
|2010||Central European Bollywood Awards||Best Breakthrough Performance – Female||Aladin||Won|
|2010||Stardust Awards||Exciting New Face||Aladin||Won|
|2013||15th Asianet Film Awards||Most Stylish Bollywood Actress||Herself||Won|
|2014||PETA India Awards||Woman of The Year Award||Herself||Won|
|2015||BIG Star Entertainment Awards||BIG Star Most Entertaining Dancer||Kick||Won|
|2015||Stardust Awards||Style Diva||Kick||Won|
|2016||HT Most Stylish Awards||Asli-est Stylish Award Won||Herself||Won|
|2016||Ada Derana Sri Lankan Of The Year||Global Entertainer||Herself||Won|
|2016||Filmfare Glamour & Style Awards||Hotstepper Of The Year||Herself||Won|
|2016||Lux Golden Rose Awards||Entertainer of the Year||Herself||Won|
|2017||Asian Voice Charity Awards||International Humanitarian Award||Herself||Won|
|2017||Vogue Beauty Awards||Fitspiration Award||Herself||Won|
|2017||Femina Beauty Awards||Best Natural Beauty Award||Herself||Won|
|2017||Filmfare Style & Glamour Awards||Hotstepper of the Year||Herself||Won|
|2017||GeoSpa AsiaSpa India Awards||Charismatic Personality of the Year||Herself||Won|
|2018||PETA India Awards||Digital Activism Award||Herself||Won|
|2018||Lux Golden Rose Awards||Lux Golden Rose Charismatic Beauty Of The Year Award||Race 3||Won|
Net Worth of Jacqueline Fernandez
Jacqueline Fernandez Net Worth is (approx.) $9 Million.
Interesting Facts of Jacqueline Fernandez
- Many of us believe that Jacqueline was born in Sri Lanka, but she was born in Bahrain. Interestingly, Jacqueline can be said as multi-cultural as his father is Sri Lankan, mother a Malaysian, and maternal grandfather a Canadian.
- Before being casted in movie, Jacqueline worked as s television reporter. She has grabbed a degree in Mass Communication from the University of Sydney in Australia.
- Jacqueline has also attended the Berlitz School of languages where she learnt to speak Spanish, and improved her French and Arabic.
- After winning the title of Miss Sri Lanka universe 2006, Jacqueline was casted in a music video by Sri Lankan duo Bathiya and Santhush. The song titled “O Sathi” which was released in 2007.
- Though Jacqueline made her debut in Sujoy Ghosh’s “Aladin”, her first successful movie was “Murder 2”.
- Jacqueline has spent lot of her time on social causes and on animal cruelty and welfare programme. “The Body Shop” who creates beauty products naturally and ethically has choose Jacqueline as a brand ambassador.
- Jacqueline was in a relationship with the film-maker Sajid Khan, but they ended up as Sajid was quite over-possessive and and it was starting to hinder her career.
- Besides acting and modelling, Jacqueline loves to cook and says it is a good therapy. Her favorite cuisine is French, but as she belongs to Sri Lanka, she says fish is a big part of her diet.
- Jacqueline tries to keep a separation between her personal and professional life. It’s natural to be along with the co-stars in the film industry. She prefers to be with her personal friends while hanging out.
- In future, Jacqueline wants to make documentaries over organic foods and fitness. She even have interest in music, and wants to do something for animals.
- John Abraham is her ideal who gives ideas and tips regarding fitness and health.
- Jacqueline has launched her own restaurant named Kaema Sutra in Sri Lanka in partnership with Japanese chef Darshan. The restaurant serves dishes enlisted in her grandmother’s recipe book.
- Besides, Jacqueline has made up a plan in her mind to buy a house in Mumbai. Regarding the theme and interiors, she has set up it her mind that she need lots of plants around her house and is fond of bohemian theme and colonial element.
- Regarding her partner, she doesn’t wants qualities like rudeness and violence.
- Jacqueline’s first boyfriend was Bin Rashid Al Khalifa, prince of Bahrain.
- Jacqueline named herself in the list of girlfriends of Salman Khan within a few days of meeting him. Jacqueline had captured the heart of Salman Khan within few days at the beginning of shooting. She also kissed him during the launch of their film “Kick”.
- Salman Khan gifted Jacqueline a 3 BHK apartment in Bandra, but unluckily it turned out to be a wasted investment in the long run.
- Jacqueline dreams to work with Ranbir Kapoor and Vishal Bhardwaj. Playing against Ranbir in movie “Roy” she has fulfilled half of her dream.
- She wants to play the role just like in “Jodha Akhbar” and “Black” and prove her acting skills.
- Jacqueline goes out in long drive alone or she spends much time of her with family.
- In order to remain fit, Jacqueline does work out in gym or home. Her workout includes martial art, yoga, cardio, etc. Anushka Parwani is her yoga instructor and she does yoga 5 days in a week.
Also Read about Selana Gomez.